Friday, January 13, 2012

Balancing Act!!!

Greetings Folks!  I find myself once again sitting at the computer, reading facebook pages of people I don't normally see.  I have to admit it's really nice to peek in on others!  I love looking at the photos of the families and friends.  But I let time slip by and then....I complain about it.  I lose time sitting at this dang computer.  ha  Well, it does relax me to sit  here and read, plus enjoy a great cup of coffee.  My favorite morning routine is reading my Bible and drinking a good cup of coffee...


 This is my favorite Bible.  The Thompson Chain-Reference , NIV Bible.  I've had it for years.  My table is cluttered here with home school books as well.  I love that I am able to stay home and be a mom, wife, artist...and everything in between.  It is truly a blessing.


My life is a daily walk with God-I am not perfect, so far from it, but my heart seeks to serve the Lord and please him.  I fall short, on a daily basis.  I am so thankful He keeps picking me up, and dusting off the dirt and grime.  Been reading and studying GRACE, this year. Reading the book of Romans.  Romans 4:7-8 says: "Blessed are they whose transgressions are forgiven, whose sins are covered. 8 Blessed is the man whose sin the Lord will never count against him."  I am so glad I am forgiven.  Have to do a HAPPY DANCE right here...love Grace-God's Grace, his unmerited favor, I did nothing to deserve it, he did it all for me, and you.  (My heart is smiling right now.)


Ok-some other happy things in my life...here is the doorway, that goes into my art room/studio/school book storage room...My "Happy Place."  Don't mind the telephone cord. haha...and the crooked signs o the wall...do love the snowflakes dangling there.  They make me smile.  Finally it's snowing here, in Southern Indiana!   YEAH, 2 hour school delay, but not for the Boone's, oh, the joy of homeschooling.  School, and snow, great leverage to get school done fast today...kids will go out to play and then "the momma" will go through this door to play as well!


This is the top of my FAVORITE, dresser.  Just full of fun stuff to get a hold of...my pan pastels, that I discovered after stumbling across Pam Carriker's website.  Love, love the pan pastels, they are in the basket.  I will be doing a special portrait soon for someone, very important to me.  And mini-canvases, that I can't wait to decorate with modge podge and fabric and paper and OH, I am so excited to think about the POSSIBILITIES...happy dance again here...


This is one CREATIVE table covered with stuff to ORGANIZE in special cubbies and such.  I will be sure to get to this later today.  You can see a picture that is on my wall of me and my MOM.  She was my very BESTEST friend.  I miss her daily.  Before she got so sick with dementia, she looked at a piece of artwork I did, and said these words to me.  "Your best is yet to come." hahahah...I will never forget that.  She always told me as a young adult, these words also.  "Meagan, you can do whatever you put your mind too."  She was such a talented lady.  I miss  her, but it makes me smile just thinking of how she always encouraged me to venture on.


Now here is another part of my room... HOME SCHOOL Books!
Yep, this looks good right here...getting ready to get these books off the shelf and teach these boys some math, history, science...well you get the drift.  Check out those Raggedy Ann and Andy dolls, my mom made those! <3  Just love em'!!!  And the part of my School Daze cabinet that holds games, art books for kids and some reading books.  That is a mini tour of this art room of mine.  Hope you have enjoyed it...  


Will be posting more later ---now onto some great things right now with 3 favorite people of mine...pets loving on there people pets...Have a blessed Wonderful DAY!!!


Heart Hugs!


Meagan  

No comments:

Post a Comment