Saturday, May 5, 2012

The Art of Wild Abandonment...Blog HOP 2012

Blog Hop-2012

Greetings Ladies-Hope you will enjoy my journey in the workshop THE ART OF WILD ABANDONMENT...


I am so excited to a part of my very first BLOG HOP.  I am sitting here writing during a thunderstorm in Southern Indiana.  We have a metal roof and the rain is just pounding down on us right now.  I do believe if this carries on, we will not be getting much sleep tonight! 


The Home Schooled Radishes
I must say I have LOVED this class with Junelle Jacobsen and Christy Tomlinson So MUCH.  It has opened my mind to sketch the darndest things...Radishes...REALEE...I laughed my booty off when I found out, we were going to be sketching radishes!  I would take my sketch book, pencils and my water color crayons with me everywhere I would go, just in case I had a down moment that I could sneak a sketch.  Oh yes, then, I'd be all giddy inside as I pulled out my baggy of radishes.  My boys think I've lost my mind somewhere, as they would catch meLAUGHING for no apparent reason!  I had no idea, that sketching radishes would become such a wonderful, rewarding, engaging...way of gathering my thoughts or ideas, and it started in the garden with a RADISH!!!  This makes my heart H A P P Y....as I am swinging from the chandelier singing...hahaha, just kidding about the swinging from the chandalier...but you get the idea. 




Sweet Dreams - Sweet Pea

 Then, pea pods...I was elated with joy, as I would go to my refrigerator and grab out a bunch of bright green fresh pea pods.  I still laugh on the inside when I think about it.  I view the produce department differently now. 


I have been an artist ever since I can remember. I airbrush, love pan pastels ( one of my newest loves)...oil pastels, pen and ink...you name it...I love it.  My main problem though has always been, perfectionism.  Can anyone else relate to that?  This class has taught me and is still teaching me, to let go.  Have fun with the art, get messy.  It's okay!  I have been experimenting for about 3 years now with mixed media art, texture mediums and such, but have really had a lot of fun being a part of a ART Community.  It has inspired me to CREATE even more.  I have enjoyed the videos of Junelle and Christy...they are such a hoot.  They sound almost alike!  Just love them both.  Thank you ladies for sharing with us!!!






My  Art Journaling began when I went to Christian counseling to get some things figured out.  In one session imparticular, the counselor told me I needed to focus on Body, Soul, and Spirit.  I needed to eat right to be and stay healthy, I needed to do something  FUN for my soul (like journal/make art-since I am so art driven), and for my Spirit, (being a christian, needed to do something that would feed my spirit, such as praying, reading God's Word, and Worship time, which sometimes for me includes dancing.)  These were things I needed to do, so I could focus on taking care of me.  I have a lot of responsibilities like most woman, but during that particular time in my life, I was not only taking care of my family, home schooling, tutoring at a school, teaching art, nursing home ministry, I was also POA of my mom, who was in a nursing home and had Alzheimer's.  Most of the time Mom didn't seem to know me.  It was ALL  weighing me down.  I was about to hit the wall, and my counselor could see that very quickly.  ANYWAY, I had to start making changes immediately!!!  So I began JOURNALING.  Learning to let go of the small stuff, Learn to say "NO", learn to have FUN and play games with my boys.  This wise counsel enabled me to make the postive changes that I needed in my life.  I journal, paint, and CREATE.  My counselor shared with me that as an artist, we have a part of God's creative side, which really makes sense-God created.  I love to think how much God loves to create and has given each of us this gift to share with the world.  So this journey with The Art of Wild Abandonment has been good for my SOUL!  YES-Thank you Lord...so this little painting, is a part of me  sharing that "Loving God"-is the best part of my life. (shew)  That was a lot to share!






Life is  hard and my life sure has its up and downs...but I know at the end of the day that I can say, "God is Good, Girlfriend."




I would like to share some of the wooden 4" x 4" blocks I did from Junelle's class...they were so much fun...I love painting "small."  My art professor, many moons ago...always said, "Paint BIGGER Meagan!"  reallEE? But miniature is so much fun...






I so loved, painting cupcakes...I think I enjoy painting them as much as eating them!  Thanks Junelle.








Awww, who doesn't enjoy Tulips???  This I thought was appropriate, because, God is growing me into someone beautiful for him...and the color pink represents, how Jesus loves us...yes, colors have meanings...so when I painted these pink...it was a reminder to me-Jesus loves me and he's not done, after all, aren't we all on a journey of "becoming"?




Well Girls-Hope you have enjoyed my Blog today, be sure to leave me a comment if you like...I can't wait to start hopping...God Bless you...remember what a friend told me, "Jesus loves you best..."


Make sure to hop on over toSherry L Coogan http://myfavoritethings-slc.blogspot.com/




Joyfully His!


Meagan Boone

24 comments:

  1. Hey Meagan....lovely job on your art pieces. I do find myself walking through the product hearing Junelle's sweet voice. I love that we can continue on with the videos over and over again for an entire year. Looking forward to more projects soon! Happy blog hopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your Story Meagan. Its always great to get that personal touch and i know how much it takes to put it out there! Fantabulous Art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing your story and art pieces! I love the blocks in particular- so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a GREAT post, thankyou so much for sharing Meagan! I love your work and how it means so much to you and your life. Your minitures are so cute and I love the 'beautiful' one with the girl. LOVE your Sweet Dreams sketch too, such a different take which I would never have thought off. Thankyou so much for joining us on the hop and I can't wait to come back to your blog again,

    Claire Smillie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my what a wonderful blog... thank you so much for letting us in your space. Love all that you do!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful post and loved your block art! Small is good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your little blocks are fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i just started and I'm on week one so I so enjoyed and chuckled at the beginning of your post! Love your home schooled radishes and your pea pod art is so cute! Your little blocks are wonderful also. And before I hop off into the sunset I wanted to say "God IS good, girlfriend"!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looking good!! It was a fun class. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that homeschooled radish has some attitude - love the personality! also loved the texture behind your art cup, want to share what it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kelly-Thank you for your kind comment...the background is splattered paint with an old paintbrush...window screen with paint and punchinella...hugs.

      Delete
  11. love all of your shared pic's, they are so pretty. I love how happy and positive you make everything sound. I had fun with the radishes and peas too!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your radish with "shades" this speaks real attitude. You are so brave with your colors and styles. Thank you for sharing your art and experience. God is Good! ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting...It's a lot of fun to see what people think about your work and LIFE! ha-God is good on the mountain and good in the valley. Hugs to you.

      Delete
  14. I've been hopping, hopping and hopping! Love the Girlfriend God is GOOD! really cute

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ashley! I have enjoyed hopping as well. God Bless you. hugs.

      Delete
  15. I loved sketching the radishes, too! Your projects at the top are amazaing - really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry C! I enjoyed your blog-and your art room!!! I believe I left a comment and asked you to come organize mine. :D
      Hugs.

      Delete
  16. Loved hearing your story and seeing your canvas art. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by to visit and for your comment. Blessings to you.
      Hugs.

      Delete