Friday, April 1, 2016

Catch UP!

Greetings, from My Joyful Art Studio!  Hope this day finds you well.  I am doing much, much better!  It's been a year since I posted and honestly had been worn down because of my pain level due to a torn hip laberal.  Talk about fighting for my JOY!

Life can do that to a person especially when you are in pain 24 hours 7 days a week.  I went through physical therapy for months to follow protocol of the insurance company and the doctors to rule things out or perhaps to give my body time to heal.   After having x-rays, cortisone shots, physical therapy, and a misdiagnosis of bursitis, an MRI showed a minor tear.  During surgery the doctor discovered the tear was worse than they thought.  It took 4 sutures, plus they had to cut a muscle to release the tension over that area. 

Ouch is right.  Any who, I am post-surgery almost 5 months and doing very well.  Still healing, still walking it out! I am walking with no limp too!!!  Yay ME!  (thank you Lord!)

In December I became a Mimi to a little girl, who I call Sunshine!  She is a little darling.  So I have two grand kids now.  Can't believe I am old enough to be a Mimi. I flew by myself for the first time to Canada to meet her in late January, boy was it brutally cold.  Had a great time with my son and his beautiful wife and grand kids. 

Watercolors have been my favorite medium for the last 4-5 years.  I started a  little watercolor workshop at a local coffee shop in Corydon, Indiana called Kent Java Coffee Bar. I love their Caramel Latte-so delicious.  If you are in town you should check the schedule and stop by and paint with me.  Check out www.kentjavabar.com in Corydon, Indiana.  Did you know that Corydon, Indiana was our states first capitol?  Check out www.thisisindiana.org to find out more about this wonderful community.


Good things and good times are happening around here!  Creating classes, teaching co-op and homeschooling the boys.  I never, ever  have a dull moment!

I am Scripture Writing this year too. I love reading my Bible and writing or ART journaling in the early morning before my boys wake up.  My quiet time in the morning is my favorite part of the day.  I call it, "Coffee with Jesus."  It's in the quiet morning I get ready for the day ahead and feel so much better putting God first. It's in this time I am able to focus and know who gives me strength, and who gives joy for this journey in life.  "...for the joy of the Lord is your strength." Nehemiah 8:10



Joy is a state of mind and an orientation from the heart.  Joy isn't just a smile or a laugh.  Joy is something that is deep within.  Joy is not the absence of suffering, Joy is the presence of God.

May you find Joy today in every area of your life.  

Seeking Joy Always-

Meagan





No comments:

Post a Comment